- Last year's power was a bit of a fluke. He's no better with the stick than Guzman.
- There is value in platooning Kennedy with Guzman.
- He's likely a better fielder at second than the Guz, but also no longer a great fielder
- He's old and an injury away from being useless.
- He absolutely MUST race in the president's race at one point next season
Pudge - 3 million
Capps - 3.5 million
Hudson - offered 3+ million.
Kennedy - 2.5 million?
That would scream that the Hudson deal was less about value and more about budget. That there might be some barrier (4 mill?) where the team said Rizzo could do whatever he wanted but above that requires review. Just hypothesizing here, but remember - we're not giving this ownership the benefit of the doubt. Yes WE, I'm including you. You don't get a choice. You either follow my distrust or I'm drugging your Coke Zero and having my bodyguard Virgil II carry you along.
UPDATE : It's 1.25 million, with a 2 million option for next year. About on target. Let's see what they do with him.