Why Detwiler? Because they don't mind jerking him up and down for a start. His clock has started. He's aged into being less of a prospect. When Milone or Peacock come up, it'll be for a good long stint, not one game.
Why not Espinosa? Because just like fans vote for who they want to see, players vote for who they know and like. They don't know Danny. He's a rookie. He needs to earn his stripes, right? Where's a Dibble pic when you need one?
Just to get it out of the way - a review of my All-Star feelings.
- Don't care about who gets in.
- They should keep one player per team because it matters to kids. (or at least it mattered to me as a kid)
- WS home field advantage should go to the team with the best record.
- Starters should go 3 if they can.
- Don't worry about everyone getting in the game. Try to use one player per team though.