Nationals Baseball: Wrapping up the season a little Early

Friday, September 25, 2026

Wrapping up the season a little Early

Connelly Early goes tomorrow. The return in the Curtis Mead trade he's been hurt most of the time since then with elbow stuff. It may seem weird to let him start when they just shut down Cavalli to avoid a strange last second injury but Early is still stretching out post injury and was likely to make one more AAA start so why not give him something in the majors?  He's already pitched 90 innings this season so it's not like this matters. 

It's a deal neither team won this year, and the second deal with the Red Sox.  In the first one Boston has the lead as Luis Perales has some crazy stuff but he hasn't harnessed it yet while Jake Bennett is an important piece of the Boston staff.  I really don't like this "Nats helping Boston" thing so please let's win these trades in the end. 

OK last weekend.  Let's play some good ball! 


Or if not let's watch the Astros/Rangers fight for their playoff lives. 

3 comments:

Ole PBN said...

Nice to see Early get in a game. I’m hopeful for next season, but the injury does concern me a little. After watching the game, my immediate reaction is less about Early’s performance and more about Irvin. Hard pass on #27.

kubla said...

I think Irvin is gone, while Herz and Gray start the season in either AAA or the bullpen, leaving Cavalli, Alvarez, and Early with rotation spots. Hopefully a couple of FA come on board as the 2-3 or 2&4 (or if we want to get really ambitious, a #1 plus a #3 or #4).

Anonymous said...

I acquired my first home at the beginning of the year. To some, lottery players appear ridiculous, while we view it as a chance for an improved future. I’m known as Megan Taylor and I have played the lottery for ten years, yet I haven’t won anything substantial. In my pursuit of understanding how to win better, I was advised to consult Lord Zuma the Priest who provided me with the precise 6 numbers that helped me secure the Mega Millions jackpot of $310 million after using his spell powers and following his guidance. Lord Zuma's services are top notch and I believe your dreams aren’t finished unless you decide they are. Contact Lord Zuma the Priest, and he will assist you in realizing your aspirations..
Email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com