Nationals Baseball: Monday Quickie - Spring has Sprang

Monday, March 01, 2021

Monday Quickie - Spring has Sprang

 I'm pretty sure that's the way the saying goes. 


The Nats had their first ST game. That it ended in a tie should only highlight the fact that these things don't matter. Once we get some stats for people to read too much into I'll do my annual "You know who led the Nats in ST homers last year? Wilmer Difo"* tweet. For now if you like ST baseball (which I don't really if I'm not there) sit back and enjoy some baseball stuff. Otherwise just know the season is progressing like it should and keep an ear to the ground about injuries. 

In other news - nothing has happened. We're sitting here waiting on Jake Odorizzi, JBJ JR, and maybe Shane Greene? There are a couple other guys out there that might help but these are the three that I would think WOULD help so I'm waiting to see if they end up in the NL East. But you've heard this for a couple weeks now. They should really sign! Baseball is coming!

OK let's wait on Strasburg and Max.  We should hopefully see Stras sometime this week, though that's not a given - vets start kind of when they want to.  Max appears to be a little further off, maybe this upcoming weekend if we are lucky. But health it the most important thing so everyone take your time.

*not true.  Well almost certainly not true. I'm not looking at that right now. It's a made up statement

3 comments:

Chaos56 said...

Thanks. Now I have to look it up.

Noll - 2
Soto - 2

Nice play at 1b. That is all for game 1

Harper said...

FREE JAKE NOLL

Cautiously Pessimistic said...

I like spring training baseball if only because you get to watch players work through tweaks and watch no-name players try to make the 40-man. But thanks to MASN and Angelos, nobody will be able to watch the games anyway, so I'm stuck here watching Angels-Giants and pretending like that scratches my itch enough